Thursday, January 20, 2011

Spare Key?

So...I've decided that I should perhaps- quit locking myself out of the apartment. This morning counted as my third...yes- THIRD time doing so! I was feeling oh so proud of myself with all I had accomplished this morning, had my hands FULL: backpack, chocolate chip waffle, lunch, banana, work slacks, my purse, and three textbooks and I was headed out to my car. I locked the door and as I was closing the door "OH CRAP!" I love my life. Haha
My neighbor drove me to Cole's school to get his keys- which he had no idea I was coming until he saw me open the door to his class and he just grinned and said "You locked yourself out again, didn't you?" I hate it when he's like that...so smug and all... so of course I said "Pssssh...NO!!!! (pause) Okay...yeah- I need your keys!"
In my defense- I would like to say I am rarely this ditzy...(is that how you spell ditzy? hmmmm)but its been a crazy few days. Yesterday- I went to the dentist because I was having most certainly the worst pain of my life in my mouth. Odd right? For the past month- I've been waking up twice every night- at 2am and 6am when my ibuprofen wore off- and I was taking about 12 pills a day-because it felt like I was sucking on tin foil. Not ideal! So my dentist is looking at it and casually goes "So...are you allergic to penicillin?"
Maybe its because I'm paranoid.
Maybe its because my mom watches too much Dr. Oz (Seriously...WAY too much and tells me all of it)
Or who knows why
But I KNOW its never a good sign when your dentist askes you that. I'm kinda emotional when I go to the dentist so he was trying to play it down. And then I was like "so what does that mean exactly?" He told me I have an infection in my tooth which of course I replied "dang it- those are serious!" Here was his answer to me:
"Only if you don't take the amoxicillin."
Comforting dentist- comforting!!!!
So with my dentist appointment at 7, class all day, work until 6, and a meeting with my group...I got home at 10pm last night. Heaven only knows what Cole had to eat...I saw no remnants of a Hot-N-Ready. Surprising!
So this group project...let me just tell you all a bit about it. It's for my Entrepreneurship for Non-Business majors... keep that part in mind "non business majors!" 50%...yes- half of our grade is this group project. Here's the kicker, we have to start a business, have a employer identification number, open a checking account, create a legal business like an LLC, and make $1500 by the end of the semester. YAY! I'm less than excited. And my question is...how is this class "for Non-Business majors?" Seriously...I'm graduating in exercise and wellness...I can tell you what happens at the cell level when you exercise...but create a business? Really? Not my thing!
On the upside- I made Cole ribs last week. I'm not sure he's ever been so impressed with my cooking...well done crockpot! He goes "When we were dating and you told me your dad was a butcher- I heard 'ding ding ding jackpot'!"
So there you have it...my husband married me for my meat- actually not even my meat- my Dad's meat! haha. At least he likes meat...this would have never worked if I married someone who didnt. :)
Well...I'm off to have a spare key made- I will NOT be going through this again...and if I do- Cole doesn't have to know about it to make fun of me!
XOXO,
Jamie

1 comment:

  1. mmm please do share your ribs recipe. and I can just picture you showing up at Cole's classroom. love you!

    ReplyDelete