Monday, January 3, 2011

2011

Well- The year 2011 is off and running. I'm not sure I'm quite ready for it. Cole and I went to Idaho for Christmas. Seriously....so fun! It was pretty relaxing. We stayed up late and woke up whenever....well- I woke up whenever, Cole was usually up before me. It was fun to be with Cole's whole family...almost. Tenelle and Zach and their little ones, NaShai and Chris and Parker, Skylar and Megann were all there- just Tenae wasn't able to come. Christmas was so fun- I'm the youngest, so I never really got to be around little kids at Christmas. That was fantastic! They got so excited over their Santa gifts and then we all unwrapped our presents. My family is a lot more laid back about Christmas-which I love. But it was also kinda fun to see the excitement of a HUGE Christmas. During the break- we also went and saw True Grit....Cole loves his westerns! I have to admit- I liked it too. The ending was a little unfulfilling- and I HATE when movies do that. But it was still pretty good. And while we were in Idaho, we got snow tires. Sounds lame- right? The things you want when you get married are so practical! We are SOOO excited to have them. I never knew what a difference tires make. We got in the car and we were like "Oh- so this is what safe feels like?" Haha. So much better to not feel out of control on bad roads!

Classes start tomorrow. I'm taking personal training strategies, problems in exercise perscription, basic athletic training, entrepreneurship, exercise and wellness certification preparation, and doctrine and covenants. It'll be a busy semester but I think I'll be learning things that I'll be interested in. I'm also applying to the ultrasound program at Weber State this week. Please keep me in your prayers...and Cole too. I think he's getting worn out from my constant worry about not getting into the program. I get close to making myself sick with worry. I hate this not knowing. Its hard to just let the Lord have control of your life- that is something I'll always struggle with. I plan. And I think Heavenly Father knows that I'll follow through on my plans unless He changes them for me. Which is frustrating- but I've gotten a lot out of changed plans...Cole for instance. So I honestly have no idea if I'll get into the program. I'm well qualified for it- but it just depends on plans that are other than my own and if they match mine or not.

And this weekend I FINALLY get to go home!!! Excited? No...EXTATIC!!! I haven't been able to go home to see my parents since my dad was burned pretty badly- and that was Labor Day! It has been more than 4 months. I know this is ridiculous- but that is the longest I've ever been away from home. I'm married now, so its different, but I still miss my parents and the ranch and friends in Casper. And...best of all- Matthew and Anita will be there! I'm a little stoked!


Cole is back to teaching and coaching today. We're so excited to be home but less excited for all the craziness that comes from being gone for a week and a half and coming back to school. Laundry is miserable after a trip!


But we are so excited for this...our first entire year as a married couple and can't wait for the many adventures that await us. We have been very blessed. It has been a wonderful year and we can't wait to start this one!


XOXO,

The Nelson's

No comments:

Post a Comment