Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Husband's A Baller!

Alright...so I dont like basketball. That's been established!

However I love watching Cole coach his 9th grade girls!

Especially when they win (which is rare- so when they do...its momentous!)

Last night- that handsome husband of mine led his little Lady Knights to their SECOND win! 42-28! That was a first on both accounts...scoring more than 40 points and keeping the other team below 30! Yeah...they're a big deal!

Immediately following that game, we went to Provo for Cole to play on the Burley Boys Intramural basketball team. They asked me to keep score! Pssssh...like I know how to keep score...I'm sure it was because of my extensive expertise of the game! HA!

Ok-but I'm not nearly as dumb as some people think I am about basketball. I know more than I care to admit (mostly because then Cole will make me watch it more...and right now- its already a lot!) I can tell you the meaning of defensive assignment, fadeaway, a four-point play, full-court press, fastbreak, flagrant foul, and a zone-offense. Impressed? You should be! Shhhh...dont tell Cole! ;-)

So- let me preface this ...Cole's 9th graders have 4- ten minute quarters. So when they come back from half-time...it's the third quarter. Savvy?

Well...APPARENTLY...BYU Intramurals only have two halfs...no quarters...which no one cared to enlighten me on. I was so confused when the teams switched sides and I thought it was only the second quarter. So I was like "What- why did they switch sides?" The guy running the table laughed at me and said "these games are only two- twenty minute halfs" I was still so confused as to why there were no quarters. So I asked him "Well whats normal for Junior High girls basketball?" He laughed some more...I think he thought I was joking. "No- I'm serious- that's all I watch!!" Great! I'm the dumb wife! Meh!


Oh the joys of marrying someone who loves basketball! I must have really loved that boy!!!


XOXO,

I Watch the BASKETBALL....coach!!!

2 comments: