Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2010....a great year!!!

As this semester starts, I've been thinking a lot about last year and the awesome year that it was- hard at times, but other times- the most amazing of my life.
January
2010 started with Cole and I in Elba. I went to his house for New Years and we started off the year together. Then we went back to Wyoming for Cole to meet my parents and Matthew and Anita. A few weeks after that- we were in Idaho and got engaged....kinda a big deal- right? Right! That made January pretty great.
February
Started off with my friend Kaylee's wedding to her sweet Phil, which I was a bridesmaid and also made their wedding cake. And then we were back in Wyoming for Valentines day. We went and saw the movie Valentines' Day...horrible movie that it was. Cole and I also took our engagement pictures.
March
And then it was March and we were flying to Florida for Matthew and Anita's wedding, which I also made their wedding cake.
April
All of a sudden it was April- and we were in Elba for my 21st birthday and then I finished up Winter finals, moved in with Maren, and started Spring classes again.
May
May was the second of the Komma weddings with Kalob's wedding in Boise. I was able to go through the Boise, Idaho temple the day before his wedding. The rest of May was taken up with School.
June
And then it was the long awaited June! I finished finals, picked Kaylee up from the airport flying in from Australia, went home for a week, came back to Utah, Cole was in Idaho for his birthday, and then we got MARRIED! It was crazy but it was great! Then we had our reception in Elba.We stayed at the Melcher Mine for our honeymoon- I love that place!
July
Then it was July and we were back to Casper for our Wyoming reception. We came back to Utah and moved into our apartment and began to settle in and buy furniture and we were back to work.
August
August brought us back to Burley for the Cassia County Fair and Rodeo. I loved every minute of that!
September
I started school and Cole started teaching 8th grade History in September and we, once again, were in Wyoming when my dad was involved in a propane explosion. He healed up well...miraculously!
October
I went to St. George for two weeks in early October for my internship at the World Senior Games doing ultrasound on the carotid artery. And we had a soup party at our apartment for Halloween- we also got trick-or-treaters.
November
November was mostly taken up with school and midterms. Cole started as the head coach of the 9th grade girls basketball team. We went to Idaho for Thanksgiving.
December
I finished up classes, took finals, and the "worst storm of the centrury" came through Utah....our cars were barely dusted with snow the next day. And then we were off once again to Elba and celebrated Christmas with Cole's family. We went caroling. And Cole and I brought in New Years while watching some history movie about Teddy Roosevelt....livin the high life we are!
And here is to a new year!!! Hoping its as great as 2010 was!

1 comment: