Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Moving To Burley!

Well, I'm pretty awful at this blogging deal. It's been a crazy few weeks. I've had a bunch of tests and Cole has had a teacher work sample portfolio due. Mind you- he's procrastinated it...so he's been having REALLY late nights these past couple nights.
However, even with the craziness of our lives....we are so excited about our future! With my ultrasound schooling- our futures have been pretty uncertain...well- the immediate future anyways. We didnt know if we would end up in Ogden, stay in Provo, or have to wait it out a few years for the intermountain healthcare ultrasound program in Salt Lake.
Weber State has a regional ultrasound program where you learn mostly hands on at a clinical site and come to campus about 5 times a semester- but you have to find somewhere who will agree to be your clinical site- if you can get that- your chances of being admitted are about 90% and the other 10% is only if the site doesn't meet Weber's standards.
So basically...if you can get a clinical site...you're in! Exciting right? Most definately!
Cole told me that if I could find a way to get back to Idaho, he'd let me get a puppy. Which sounds dumb...but thats a HUGE incentive for me. haha. I love love love puppies! I want one...and I want to name him Cowboy! Cole told me that was a dumb name. Pssssh- I think its a great name!
So, I called the hospital in Twin Falls! I talked to the head of ultrasound "Gordon Lemon...Lemon like the fruit!" He said! Nice fellow! Anyways- he told me that they would be able to be my clinical site and that they have graduated students from the regional Weber state program before (so that 10% I mentioned earlier doesn't apply)
It was pretty easy- frankly- too easy! So I'm a bit worried about things falling through- but I have a backup plan of doing the radiology program at College of Southern Idaho in Twin Falls.
So...we're moving to Idaho!!! About 2-3 years sooner than we ever thought we'd be able to! We are so blessed...it was definately an answer to our prayers.
So now- we get to start REAL LIFE....like Cole get a permanent job and we get to look for a house and settle down in the place that I always called a hole!!! Oh- the things that come back to bite you! But Burley has grown on me and I can't wait to start our life there!
XOXO,
Movin' to the thriving Metropolis of Burley!

4 comments:

  1. Um. When is this whole Weber State thing going down? Because...I think I might be going to Orem this summer! :( I LOVE YOUUU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie, you and cole are living the dream. We will come visit every time we go to Declo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're moving at the beginning of June! And yes Ali...PLEASE!!!! We love seeing you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie! That's so exciting! I can't even imagine having a real house. I'm a bit jealous.

    ReplyDelete