Monday, March 28, 2011

What Steak Cant Fix...Can't be fixed!

Last friday was a bit on the crazy side. And when I say a bit....I mean admit me the looney bin type crazy!

Cole's financial things were all a mess....his pell grant had been taken away, it showed us owing a gastly amount, and BYU will not talk to spouses unless they have it in writing from the student themselves...and Cole teaches in Springville about 20 minutes from campus. I found out about this mess on Friday at 3:30...and everything closes at 5- oh~ and I work from 3-6. So I had to take work off!

Lovely!

Did I mention my husband never EVER checks his financial account?

Lovely two times!


Oh....and when I found out all of this- does he answer his phone? Pssssh....why would he? So I'm sitting in the student services office...who will not talk to me about my husband's finances...and he wont answer his phone. Spectacular!

So he got a text message to this effect:

"CALL ME! I'm coming to Springville to get you!"

Accompanied by about 72 missed phone calls- alright, I 'm exagerating! (but only slightly)

Needless to say....Cole knew I was upset.

After two hours spent in the student services office and two headaches later... it seemed we had it figured out about as much as we could for the weekend!

So- for the craziness of the day, we decided to splurge and go to Texas Roadhouse for dinner...we've been wanting to try it for a while. It was delicious.

When our waitress started talking to us about cuts of meat and marbling and medium rare....I felt like home!

Mmmmmmmm....I am definately the daughter of a butcher!

Only the comfort of red meat, loaded mashed potatoes, and buttery rolls can cheer me up after a rough day!!!


XOXO

Everything's better with Steak!

3 comments:

  1. Girl you know a giant piece of meat makes MY day! I've never been to TX RH, but Aaron loves it. We should all go sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meat and potatoes are defiantly what dreams are made of ;)

    I miss you, woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahah You rock Jaime, & I love that your comfort food is meat & potatoes! Sign of a real woman :)

    ReplyDelete