Tuesday, November 23, 2010

TuRkEy! Here we Come!

Great Day here at the Nelson's! It is finally...officially....Thanksgiving Break! Happy Day! A blizzard however is on its way to Utah- apparently it s supposed to be the worst that Utah has seen in several years! High winds, well below zero temperatures, white-out conditions, and power outages. Boo, Utah Boo! However, this storm was supposed to be here at 2pm today....here we are at 6:48 and still no storm. Oh bless those weathermen's hearts!
Our plans have changed a bit for our Turkey Day celebrations. We were planning on just staying here in Springville- but we decided to go to Elba so Cole's mother wont be alone for Thanksgiving. We're excited for our very first Thanksgiving together! And tomorrow we will be celebrating our 5 month anniversary! Where has that gone!?! I love everything about being married! A few of my most favorite things about the life with the ball and chain:
  • Not having to say goodnight
  • When Cole walks in the door, he comes to give me a kiss before he does anything else
  • He is always excited for what I cook
  • Our apartment that is just ours
  • Decorating for the holidays!
  • How opposite we are...but the same in things that matter.
  • That we have so much fun just doing nothing!
  • That I always know what he'll order when we got out...chicken fried steak and a water with lemon (he eats it...WITH the rine....blech)
  • How he is so much like my Dad
  • He helps me clean... he's the greatest roommate!
  • Talking about our future...our dream house...future kids names (good thing it'll be a while...we have things to discuss where our posterity's names are concerned!)

And quote of the week from the sarcastic man that is my husband....we were talking about how he'd waited until after we were married to tell me we would live in Elba someday...

"I liked it- so I put a ring on it- and THEN told you about Elba!"

Oh Beloved husband of mine....how could I say no to such an offer? Haha.

I met wit my advisor todady to make sure there would be no surprises in April. Graduation is a go! How crazy!? 5 more months and I'll be a college graduate! Awesome! My schedule is a little crazy next semester- turns out when you're about to graduate- you just have to take the classes you need when they're offered...which kinda screws up your schedule! But oh well- hopefully I'll use the 3 hour breaks in my schedule for studying...although I doubt it especially since it'll be my last semester. Senior-itis is definately something I'm familiar with! But I'll be taking Personal Training Strategies, Problems in Exercise Perscription, Basic Entrepreneurship Skills, Exercise and Wellness Certification Preparation, Women's Health Issues, and I'm currently signed up for Physics since some of the medical sonography programs require it...although I'm weighing if its worth it! 16 credit hours and BAM....college degree! Woo-hoo! BYU has been great...helped me meet my husband and all...but I'm quite content to finish and head to the next chapter!

Our only big plans for the week are Thanksgiving dinner and going to see Tangled...I'm kinda excited!

Xoxo,

Hmmmmm....Turkey!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment