Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Peace, Love, and Candycanes!!!

HELLO CHRISTMAS!!!! Cole and I got our first tree-....we're kinda excited about it. Its just a little bitty thing but I kinda love it....okay really love it! It's lime green and christmas red and silver...with accents of basketball (gotta love the husband!)


Its been fun discussing our Christmas traditions...Cole adores Christmas...as long as its after Thanksgiving! He was like "We have to keep Santa alive for our kids AS LONG AS POSSIBLE!" His family grew up with 3 wishes for X-mas! They poured over the JC Penneys magazine (it's Elba, Idaho- ok? Penneys was a big deal!) for hours- agonizing how to spend their wishes. I thought it was so cute. I can just picture Cole debating what to wish for- more than likely it was basketball related!


And speaking of basketball...today was Cole's first game as head coach of the 9th grade girls basketball team at Springville junior high. They lost- but just barely...32-30. He was so adorable on the side of the court. Awwww...so cute. Back off 14 year old girls!!! I walked in the gym and all his students started whispering....."pssst....that's Mr.Nelson's wife" and then-defeating the entire purpose of whispering-yell at him...."Coach Nelson!!!! Your wife is pretty!" It was then that I was like- ok, I like his students! Haha.

Today at work...Kaylee's mom came bearing gifts from my dear friend down under! Awwww...it's been a great day.

We finally got home after Thanksgiving break yesterday around 12. We went to Elba- it was so fun! We spent Thanksgiving with Cole's cousins and then went and saw Tangled.....which we LOVED! And then we went shopping in Twin Falls on Black Friday....Cole wanted to show me that I wouldnt be very far from a big city when we live in Elba. It was fun...but I probably wont do Black Friday again- there just werent any deals that Cole and I couldnt pass up. And we cured our turkey at my Father's directions! It was great but it made me realize how much time I spent with my dad when he was working but how little attention I paid to exactly WHAT he was doing. Haha. And then when we were ready to make the trip back to Utah- a storm rolled in. We got to Brigham City before we had to stop and get a hotel. But we got back- and safely- so we're grateful!

Well I better get back to the studying...finals are coming fast...and I am definately not ready!

XOXO

Ho Ho Ho, Jingle Bells, Reindeer, and Cole for Christmas!!!

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading this post! And cute tree! And that is so funny about his students...but they are right! You are pretty! haha that was super cheesy. I really hope we can get together soon or see each other at the games!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tree!!! Hope you guys stay warm!

    ReplyDelete