Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thankful-ness

I have decided, with the craziness that this semester/week/month/year has been that I needed to actually perk myself up and remind me of the sooooo many things I am so blessed to have...and its almost Thanksgiving!
1. My husband!!!
Cole is seriously the greatest! He helps me do the dishes and clean. He holds me when I cry and wipes away my tears. My parents ADORE him. And all of the little things he does everyday. Like when I lay in bed fuming for hours about how someone has been so cruel and malicious to me and he just rolls over and says "I love you- I just wanted you to know!" at 3 am! I'm just so lucky! He's a hard worker, SOOO much like my Dad, he's the kindest person you'll meet, and he is ALWAYS on my side.
2. My family!!!
My parents are seriously to most Christ-like people you will ever meet. They care about those they come in contact with and they work harder than anyone you know! They would do anything for their kids and are not more concerned with being "the cool parents" than being real parents- there were times in my life I didnt appreciate that! But all of the good things in my life- my work ethic, my goals, my testimony, my eternal marriage....I owe to my parents! My big brothers are awesome! Matthew and I talk probably 3 times a week. Being newlyweds at the same time has really made us even closer! I idolized him when I was little and we had our time of disagreements, but I feel like we're back to the relationship we had when we were little when I would follow him everywhere! He has the greatest advice and is so loving and brilliant and he married the perfect girl! Anita is just genuinely sweet- Matthew hates that people in Casper think her and I look alike, but I take it as the greatest compliment...she's adorable! And Kalob is about to be a Dad!!! Whenever I talk to him he is just so excited for the future of soccer games and baseball and coaching his boys- I'll laugh when it's a girl so he'll have to start dreaming in tu-tus and ballet!

3. My friends!!!


I have had the most wonderful friends in my life! Amber, Shelly, Maren, and Kaylee are so amazing in so many different ways. Amber is soooo much fun- you can't be around her without laughing and instantly falling in love with her. Shelly is the kindest person I've ever met-she makes me a better person just by knowing her! And she will be the most beautiful bride next June...I cannot even wait for her and Nick's wedding. Maren is so grounded- I always turn to her for advice. And probably one of the most hillarious people ever- and so intelligent- but not in a way that makes you feel dumb. She's amazing and sincere and kind and compassionate. And Kaylee has been such a blessing in my life when I hated BYU my freshman year and then we became friends via Pocahontas....Thank you Disney! She was so much a part of me being able to meet Cole and I cannot wait until her and Phil move back to the US from Australia!
4. My education!!!

Though at times (many times) I hate going to class, studying for exams, working on projects, writing papers, and all of the other things that come with being a student- I will be more prepared for a career, motherhood, and basically just life in general. I've been so blessed with a scholarship and for the opportunity that I didn't have to go into debt for my undergraduate degree.

1 comment:

  1. awwwe-I love you Jamie! best post. :)...=i love your new blog changes. cute!

    ReplyDelete