Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween!!!!

I have always LOVED Halloween! Since I grew up on a ranch and we never had trick-or-treaters, we always went to a family friend's house, Nancy! She was the greatest- she had the thickest southern accent and she was just always soooo fun! Halloween is when I miss childhood the most!
This year, Cole and I decided to have some friends over for Halloween since it was on Sunday. I bought bread bowls at a bakery in Provo that looked like pumpkins....I was pretty excited! and I made Broccoli and Cheese Soup....DELICIOUS! It was so nice to just have everyone over! We haven't really had very many visitors since we're in Springville. I also made cookies that looked like bats, pumpkins, and candy corn! I'd forgotten how much I love baking with how crazy everything has been! I'm kinda bummed that Halloween is over....now I have to find more decorations!
These next couple weeks are also going to be pretty busy for us! I have a whole new slew of exams- one of which I took today, studied for 5 hours for it and got a less than optimal grade! And I have another exercise physiology exam at the end of the week! Greatest day of all time will be when that class is over! I also have a root canal scheduled for a week and a half- and about 14 other cavities needing fixing. Curse my teeth! I think the dentist thinks I'm nuts with how emotional I am about my stupid teeth. He was like- "I fix people's teeth because they've been on illegal drugs- at least your problem is genetics." Thank you Mr. Dentist- I'm so glad we've established that I'm not on Crack Cocaine.....(which, by-the-way, I could tell you all about because of my Substance Abuse Class- even how to make it if you're interested....thank you BYU for my education in the best ways to cook Meth, Heroin, and Crack....a life skill I'm sure I'll be using!)
Cole is just as busy as ever too! I've just realized how selfish this blog always sounds! He comes home every night and plans his lessons. Those 8th graders have no idea what an awesome teacher he is! He buys candy for test review days........if only my college professors would do that- maybe I'd have nicer things to say about them on ratemyprofessor! haha. Cole hasn't had to go back to Idaho in a few weeks, but he'll be going home again this weekend to work the cows and get ready for Winter. Someday- it will be so much easier for him when we live in Burley.
I'll be applying to the Medical Sonography Programs at Weber State in January. So we aren't sure if we'll be staying here in Springville or moving to Ogden. It depends on if I get into the regional program- where I would do my clinical training in Provo and go to classes in Ogden like 5 times during the semester or if I get into the on-campus program. We're not even sure which one we would prefer at this point! It'd be nice to be that much closer to Burley for when Cole needed to travel- but it'd also be nice to stay here where he would probably have a job with the school he's at now. Cole is trying to teach me to worry a little less....not my strong suit, and plan a little less...also Hard! Both of those things are so hard....I'm a planner and a worrier- its what I do best!
Well- thats all for now!
Xoxo,
Jamie

1 comment:

  1. thanks so much for having us over jamie! it was sooo good to see you and your cute little home. and the food was delicious :) can't wait to do it again!

    ReplyDelete