Thursday, September 30, 2010

Awesome....BYU Testing Center Said So.

That's right....I'm Awesome. You know how I know? The BYU testing center said so!
I've started my last fall at BYU. Hooray! And all this time, I have never- not once- gotten an A in the testing center. And for those of you who dont know about the testing center, you take your test on the second level, turn it in, and walk downstairs and there is a tv monitor that displays student id numbers and the percentage you got on your exam. If you get an A, next to your percentage it says "Awesome!", "Good Job!", or "Well Done!" something to that effect. I'm not going to lie, I sat there and waited for the screen to change and give me all the affirmations of my intelligence! I was so proud... I called my parents right away! "So I'm kind of a big deal!" Basically- thats how the conversation started. And here is the crazy part- it was my statistics exam. I've taken a lot of easy classes these past few years- and statistics is the one I finally get an A on. I guess being married is better for my grades! I'm kinda waiting for an email telling me they graded it incorrectly. Haha.
So school is school. Busy and crazy but I'll be done in April...so close...but so far away! Next week, I'll be going to St. George for my ultrasound internship at the World Senior Games. It is simply one of my most exciting things I do every year. First of all- its basically Olympics for the elderly and people come from all over the world to compete in these events. Seriously- women from Africa who play volleyball and a guy from Brazil last year who was 92 and playing tennis! Healthy healthy people! And we do ultrasound on the carotid artery in the neck and analyze the Intima Media Thickness- basically, we look at how clogged their arteries are which is a huge predictor of stroke! Its amazing! Ultrasound is seriously the coolest technology- and it saves lives! I love it so much!
And Cole is the new 9th grade Girls Basketball Head Coach! He told me I'm going to have to behave when I come to his games- like if parents get mad at his coaching I can't just yell at them "well your kid sucks at sports!" Which- lets be honest- I probably would do. Haha.
Thats all for now.
Xoxo The Coach's Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment