Monday, July 19, 2010

Our Engagement. January 30, 2010

Cole and I had known for quite a while that we would be getting married. In fact- we had decided on our wedding date in December. Since both of my brothers would also be getting married- we were also busy working out when would be the best time around those important events as well. I had taken Cole back to Casper to meet my family the first weekend in January because Matthew and Anita were there and I wanted Cole to meet them too. I knew he had talked to my dad so I knew we were basically just waiting for the ring. The week before he proposed- we were at the jewelry store and they said that a wax molding would be ready on Monday. Cole and I were leaving town for the weekend to go to Elba- now I know it was to propose- but I dont remember what the reason was that he told me we were going for. I was not expecting it at all because Cole had told me we would go look at the wax molding of the ring on Monday when I got out of class.
When we were in Idaho, we were watching TV on the couch in the living room with his mom. He asked me if I wanted to go check on the calves with him. I was like "Sure- I like cows!" Its almost embarrassing how I didn't see any of it coming.... and I'm usually so good at that- figuring out things- I hate secrets and surprises...but I guess this one was worth it. So we were driving in the meadow and he said "I need to go look over there for calves. Will you get in the box in the back seat and get the medicine out for me?" I said sure, but inside my head I was thinking- I wonder what

kind of medicine he has for the calves, we dont have medicine for our baby calves. I'm so clueless. So I open the box and take off the top shelf of it and there in the bottom is a ring box with a big turquoise ribbon tied in a bow. By this time- he had come to my side of the truck and I turned around and said "What is this?" He told me I had to open it to find out. The next thing I had to say was "You lied to me!" He laughed and got down on one knee. He had picked that spot special because it was his favorite spot on the ranch and that we could always come back to where we got engaged. I loved it. It was perfect! And the bow was turquoise....he knows me so well!

After that, I tried to call my family- of course none of them answered. But when they finally did and I talked to my Dad, he just laughed and said "Only you-Jamie would get engaged in a cow pasture!" How true that statement probably is! I always dreamed of marrying a cowboy. Who knew I'd get what I wanted? Calling dibs on the boy with the buckle in my ward was the smartest thing I ever did!

1 comment:

  1. this is the best thing ever.
    I remember the first thing you told me when I moved in, "I've already called dibs on a guy". and look at you now! HA!

    ReplyDelete