Monday, May 13, 2013

May update

The past few months for the Nelson's has been pretty crazy. We've been travelling a lot and now we've just been enjoying our time at home.

In March, I took my OB/GYN registry and passed, which made me a registered diagnostic medical sonographer. It was another time consuming, emotionally exhausting exam to prepare for, but I felt like I really knew the material and I was ready for it. Since then, I've been procrastinating starting to study for my abdomen registry and just enjoying having no school and no test to study for right now.

They actually hired me on at the Burley hospital with a real job with benefits and everything. It's been pretty fantastic. I work three days a week and I'm on call quite a bit but the call isn't nearly as bad as it was in Twin Falls. So I'm really beginning to love working here in Burley but I especially love not having a 45 minute commute.

Since I last wrote, the boys basketball team went to State Basketball and lost both games. It was still pretty fun to see them play up there. He's since been coaching track and we're headed up to Boise for state track this weekend.

At the end of March, we headed to Casper for my sweet cousin, Natalie's funeral. She was only 34 and had two kids and died pretty tragically so it's been a bit of a blow to my whole family. It was definately difficult to be home for such a sad occassion, but it was nice to see my Mother's extended family that we rarely see. Those terrrible instances in our life make you really appreciate the knowledge of the Gospel- that there is so much more waiting for us on the other side of death. I'm so grateful for that knowledge that she is in a better place, even though we miss her here.

After we got home from Casper, we stayed pretty consistently busy until we headed to Orlando to see my big brother, his wife and their sweet baby boy! Super cool kid! We got to be there for his first time swimming- I've never seen a kid love water so much! My favorite thing that he does is hold himself on the edge of his stroller, leaning forward while Matthew speeds him around Disney World laughing the whole time. Seriosuly, so much fun! We spent 4 days at Walt Disney World, to my husband's delight! Anita showed us some pretty great perks to Disney and she also showed us some of the really fun resorts. We had so much fun, it was really hard to leave. Good thing we have some pretty great reasons to visit.

We're just livin the dream here in Burley and loving it!

XOXO,
Jamie

1 comment: