Tuesday, January 24, 2012

January Update

Wow...I even fail at keeping this a monthly update blog! My apologies. I sometimes think that I should write another post, but honestly- it doesn't cross my mind too much. I frankly don't have the time to be a daily poster nor do I have the exciting adventures to warrant such frequency. Even when it's been almost two months, I don't feel I have too much to share.

As proven by this blog, it has been a long time since I last wrote. Cole and I did move into that little house in Burley and we are loving every single minute of it. We are loving our ward and received new callings this past week. Cole is the new Gospel Doctrine teacher and everyone has already gushed to me how excited they are to have him. Natural born teacher that husband of mine. And I was called to be the Sunday School teacher for the 14 and 15 year olds- they aren't responding to candy which is my go-to technique. I'm in trouble!

I have started my clinical work in Twin Falls- so I drive 45 minutes every Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I'm up at 6:30 and for those that know me even a little, know that I am not a morning person. But I'm getting better. Shocked? Of course you are...so is my husband!

It's a daunting profession I've chosen but I love it more and more every day and I love being in a hospital. Most people think it's easy, that you just set the probe on someone's belly and take pictures. I can assure you it is a million times more complicated than that. But I'm getting better and understanding more and learning to love learning. It gets hard because I want it to be a year from now, working in my field and making money. But right now, I'm proud of the fact that I'm doing what I've always wanted to do.

Cole is still subbing mostly at the highschool and some at the junior high. He is busy nearly everyday. I think he misses being the actual teacher but he enjoys being with the kids. We are avid Burley basketball attendees...which Cole loves! And he'll also be coaching track and field in the spring.

See, we really aren't too exciting. Busy, per usual and living the dream in the thriving metropolis that is Burley, Idaho.

XOXO,
Jamie

2 comments:

  1. Jamie I am so glad to hear you are doing well! I'm not good at doing the whole blog thing either, but it's nice to be able to hear about what you two are up to. Such grown ups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about how the Superbowl is coming up and even though I don't even like football, I wish we could watch it with you guys again!

    ReplyDelete